BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Seven



"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."

-G.K. Chesterton

"Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place."

-Zora Neale Hurston


"When you’re a little kid you’re a bit of everything; Scientist, Philosopher, Artist. Sometimes it seems like growing up is giving these things up one at a time."
-The Wonder Years



“A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.”
— Ingrid Bergman
she was the lead in Casablanca. Favorite movie.

^My goodness, if every guy had the suave of Humphry Bogart
...I'd be pregnant.
Too far?

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
— Albert Einstein

^Post Secret.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don’t believe, no proof is possible."

--Stuart Chase


"Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit."

--Peter Ustinov



"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."

--Lois McMaster Bujold

"There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved."

--Charles Morgan


Book Suggestion:
House On Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros


I feel in love with this book all over again when I re-read it this week. Granted, I feel kind of silly calling it one of my favorite books because its all about Hispanic culture and I am as white bread as they come--but the writing style is just captivating. Its so honest and thats hard to find--a book thats not trying to be something else, you know? Its so short you could read it in a half hour, and I love that it's not separated by chapters but instead by little vignettes--I'd love to write a book in that same vein...possibly about my college experiences...God knows I have enough material already hahah. Just go and read it okay? Half hour out of your day :) its worth it.



0 comments: