BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Twenty Five

"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer."
-Albert Camus

"Why did you do all of this for me?" he asked. "I dont deserve it I've never done anything for you."
"You have been my friend" replied Charlotte, "That in itself is a tremendous thing."
-E.B. White, Charlotte's Web



"In a Native American parable, the Creator gathers all the animals and says: "I want to hide something form humans until they are ready for it- the realization that they create their own reality."
"Give it to me. I'll fly it to the moon," says the eagle. "No, one day they will go there and find it."
"How about the bottom of the ocean?" asks the salmon. "No, they will find it there too."
"I will bury it in the great plains," says the buffalo. "They will soon dig and find it there."
"Put it inside them," says the wise grandmother mole.
"Done," says the Creator, "it's the last place they will look."
-Native American Legend


"You are only given a spark of maddness. You mustn't lose it."
-Robin Williams


"Some people care too much...I think it's called love."
-Winnie The Pooh


"If I try to summon back his face, the sound of his voice, and the sensation in my stomach like a key turning in a lock when he touched me, I lose everything."
-Joyce Carol Oates, First Love



"... And I came to believe that good and evil are names for what people do, not for what they are."
-Phillip Pullman


"Absence makes the heart grow fonder....but it sure makes the rest of you lonely."
-Charlie Brown


"If I would've asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses.'"
-Henry Ford


"If you are sad, ask yourself why you are sad. Then pick up the phone and call someone and tell him or her the answer to the question. If you dont know anyone, call the operator and tell him or her. Most people dont know that the operator has to listen, it is a law. Also, the postman is not allowed to go inside your house, but you can talk to him on public property for up to four minutes or until he wants to go, whichever comes first."
-No One Belongs Here More Than You, Miranda J


"He liked all books because he liked the mere act of reading, the magic of turning scratches on a page into words inside his head."
-John Green


"The best moments in reading are when you come across something, a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things that you'd thought special, particular to you. And here it is, set down by someone else, a person you've never met, maybe even someone long dead. And its as if a hand has come out and taken yours."
-Anon


"It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting."
-Paulo Coelho


"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart."
-Anne Frank


"This is love, isn't it? When you notice someone's absence and you hate that absence more than anything? More, even, than you love his presence?"
-Jonathan Safran Foer


"The secret of a happy marriage is to never stop holding hands."
-Bear Grylls
^can we just take a minute and love that Bear Grylls said that?



Impromptu Personal Thought:

"The greatest irony in life is the fact that our first love is hardly ever the person who treats us as well as we deserve.
Thankfully, our last love is."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely.
Truly inspiring.

Carly said...

Thank You!