BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Five



“I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without measuring risks. I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.”
— Elizabeth Gilbert


"Promise me you’ll always remember: you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

– A.A. Milne, Winne the Pooh



"You want to see a miracle, son? Be the miracle."
– Morgan Freeman




"Doubt thou the stars are fire,
Doubt that the sun doth move,
Doubt truth to be a liar,
But never doubt I love."

--Hamlet, Act 2, Scene 2; Shakespeare

^Oh geez, the fact that its a picture of a tiny asian woman gave my heart a squeeze

"Only the gentle are ever really strong."

--James Dean

"A library should be like a pair of open arms."

--Roger Rosenblatt


"I like to see people reunited, I like to see people run to each other, I like the kissing and the crying, I like the impatience, the stories that the mouth can’t tell fast enough, the ears that aren’t big enough, the eyes that can’t take in all of the change, I like the hugging, the bringing together, the end of missing someone."

--Jonathan Safran Foer


"Dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things"
-George Carlin
(haha)


"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."

--Mark Twain

"Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. That’s why people are so cynical about it… . It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for.

--Erica Jong - How to Save Your Own Life

"This above all: to thine own self be true".

- (Hamlet, Act I, Scene III)


0 comments: