BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 29, 2010

Fourteen

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
— Mae West

“A man can fail many times, but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”
— John Burroughs


"They tell you that you'll lose your mind when you grow older. What they don't tell you is that you won't miss it very much."
--Malcolm Cowley

"I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till I drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion."
--Jack Kerouac


"Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day."

--W. Earl Hall




"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, and the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me...Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."
--Shel Silverstein

Dear Eurydice,
I miss you.
No--that's not enough.
-
Dear Eurydice,
Symphony for twelve instruments.

((he pauses.
he hears the music in his head))

Love,
Orpheus

(Eurydice, Scene II)

"Perhaps all romance is like that; not a contract between equal parties but an explosion of dreams and desires that can find no outlet in everyday life."
-Jeanette Winterson


^ I want to meet whoever wrote that



"Desire is definitely not enough; you gotta be relentless."
--Randy Jackson

"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time."
-Forrest Gump


"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being."
-Oscar Wilde



--------------------------------------------------------------
Play Suggestion- Eurydice


I cant explain it. It's abstract but-- Please read it.
I wont be able to go to sleep until I retype some quotes from it
so here goes--

Orpheus- "Maybe you should make up your own thoughts, instead of reading them in a book."
Eurydice- "I do. I do think up my own thoughts."
Orpheus- "I know you do. I love how you love books. Don't be mad."
(scene 1)

Eurydice- "It can be interesting to see if other people--like dead people who write books--agree or disagree with what you think."
(scene 1)

Orpheus- "Your hair will be my orchestra and--I love you."
(scene 1)

Loud Stone- "Listen to her the way you would listen to your own daughter, if she died to young and tried to speak to you across long distances."
(Movement II, scene 2)

Eurydice- "Orpheus never liked words He had his music. He would get a funny look on his face and I would say what are you thinking about and he would always be thinking about music.
If we were in a resturant, sometimes I would get embarrassed because Orpheus looked sullen and wouldn't talk to me and I thought people felt sorry for me. I should have realized that women envied me. Their husbands talked too much.
But I wanted to talk to him about my notions.
This is what it is to love an artist: The moon is always rising above your house. The houses of your neighbors look dull and lacking in the moonlight. But he is always going away from you. Inside his head there is always something more beautiful."
(Movement II, scene 16)

Orpheus- "The music sounds better in my head than it does in the world."
(Movement II, scene 17)

Eurydice-
Dear Orpheus,
I'm sorry. I dont know what came over me. I was afraid. Im not worthy of you. But I still love you, I think. Don't try to find me again. You would be lonely for music. I want you to be happy. I want you to marry again. I am going to write out instructions for your next wife.
To My Husband's Next Wife:
Be gentle.
Be sure to comb his hair when it's wet.
Don't fail to notice
that his face flushes pink
like a bride's
when you kiss him.
Give him lots to eat.
He forgets to eat and he gets cranky.
When he's sad,
kiss his forehead and I will thank you.
Because he is a young prince
and his robes are too heavy for him.
His crown falls down
around his ears.
I'll give this letter to a worm. I hope he finds you.
Love,
Eurydice

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Impromptu personal thought-

1
bottling emotions is a fruitless task
when you feel as though heart has swelled so much that you can't contain it,
you aren't meant to.

0 comments: