BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fifteen

"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life."
--Mark Twain


"It is what you read when you don't have to
that determines what you will be when you can't help it."
--Oscar Wilde




“I like a lot of talk in a book and I don’t like to have nobody tell me what the guy that’s talking looks like. I want to figure out what he looks like from the way he talks.”
-John Stienbeck


The love in my heart
and the joy inside my eyes,
Entirely yours.
-Tyler Knott

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt."
— Margaret Atwood


"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
--Mother Teresa



"Love one another,
but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between
the shores of your souls."
Love Letters in the Sand: The Love Poems of Kahlil Gibran



"There was such an incredible logic to kissing, such a metal-to-magnet pull between two people that it was a wonder that they found the strength to prevent themselves from succumbing every second. Rightfully, the world should be a whirlpool of kissing into which we sink and never find the strength to rise up again."
--Bel Canto, Ann Patchett

"I love you more than yesterday...And you'll never know how much I loved you then.
--James Patterson


"Hatred is the coward’s revenge for being intimidated."


"To believe your own thought, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, — that is genius."
--Self-Reliance, Ralph Waldo Emerso


"I don’t know what it means and I don’t care because it’s Shakespeare and it’s like having jewels in my mouth when I say the words."
--Angela’s Ashes, Frank McCourt
^Im so happy I stumbled upon this quote again.
I remember hearing it about two years ago and not understanding--but then I had to memorize and speak Shakespeare's words for two straight months and I dont think I'll ever feel the same.
Jewels in my mouth--exactly.


"Never say love is “like” anything… It isn’t."
--The Mysteries of Pittsburgh, Michael Chabon


"Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it, a jealous, possessive love that grabs at what it can."
--Life of Pi, Yann Martel


"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."
--Winnie-The-Pooh, A.A. Milne
^I might possibly want that on my gravestone. Is that morbid?


"I’m mad about the waste that happens when people who love each other can’t even bring themselves to talk."
--The Temple of My Familiar, Alice Walker

--------------------------------------------------------------

Impromptu Personal Thought--

"If I can someday walk into a bookstore, and purchase any book that catches my fancy--I will be exactly as rich as I wish to be."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the personal thought. Absolutely LOVE it.

Carly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carly said...

Thank you! :) I mean itt